The simple things

I get great pleasure out of doing the simple things. Recently we have been picking lots of fruit around our home. Now I am not a great gardener.  Don't get me wrong I love gardens but usually I plant things, lots of things, leave them to it and pray they survive.  They have to be tough.  Anyway, this year it has been a year of abundance for us probably because it has rained a lot. We have had lots of plums, blackberries, apples and cranberries.  I just love being able to sit in the garden, smooch with the cat, watch the bees doing their thing and pick fresh berries straight from the bush.

Here are a few pictures of us enjoying the late afternoon trying to see who can fill up their jars the fastest. 

And do you know the best bit?  Marino tipped his jar into mine so I could have the full jar.

Enjoy the simple things, they are the best.