Learning to read
A few months ago someone told me about the book; Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons. I was immediately curious because Marino showed no interest in learning to read, although we love books in our house and we have always read together. Knowing it sounded right for us, I quickly went searching for it, and luckily found a copy on Trade Me. As soon as the book arrived we made it our daily priority. It was just 20 mins a day and I will be honest, some days it was not easy, but as soon as we started, it didn't take long to see the results. It even had the bits I had to say, highlighted in red, Yea!! with instructions how to present the lessons. I didn't have to reinvent the wheel. I loved that the best.
Anyway, last Saturday we completed the book. It was such a wonderful sense of achievement for both of us. He is now reading all sorts of things and getting great pleasure out of understanding signs he sees on his travels. And me, I had never taught anyone to read before and even though I can't really take the credit for it I am still chuffed to bits.
happy reading





