Not as Planned


On Monday, my day did not go as planned, but instead, I ended up having one of those most amazing experiences you never forget.  You see a few years ago we used to have a couple of horses. I have always been an animal lover but never dreamed of owning a horse, or even knew that much about them. In fact, if someone had told me I would have horses one day I would have laughed.  But, into my life they came, and we shared eleven lovely years together. Unfortunately, they have both passed on, but ever since I have been totally smitten with these gentle, sensitive creatures.

So, anyway, when my friend phoned me up in the morning to say, her mare had finally had her foal, and could I please look after Kate while she checked the wee guy out, I jumped at he chance.  In fact I had been telling her for weeks, "You phone as soon as it is born!"

Poor thing, he chose a very blustery and wild day to make his appearance but thankfully he is doing very well now. And lucky for Marino he had a day off school so we both got to share in this magical experience of new life.  We got to feel how soft the hair is, see his little bent ears, his little bandy legs and his bristly nose and of course give him kisses.

As you can see from the pictures everyone came out to welcome him.  Like something out of Bambi really!!

Oh, and incase you are wondering that is big daddy outside the house.  Isn't he handsome?