Wellington

I LOVE wellington! I have only been there 3 times but each visit holds wonderful, wonderful memories. The first time was when we had some air points about to expire and we took Marino aged 2 and a half for his first ever flight. The second time was when I had my first weekend away from my family to have a girlie weekend with my gorgeous friend, who I hadn't seen for years. Then this March was the first time we drove down to spend a few days exploring before going over to the South Island on the ferry.

It is funny, but each time I go I tend to do pretty much the exact same things...  I love visiting Te Papa (New Zealand's Museum) with all it's exiting exhibitions, walking along the waterfront taking pictures and people watching, walking up and down Cuba Street visiting the delicious cafe's, having a gelato on the waterfront in the afternoon, an Indian curry in the evening, popping in at the pro photo lab to drop off some films, taking the cable car up to the botanical gardens and basically soaking up all the wonderful creative energy. I always feel inspired visiting this city and this time we had the added buzz of sleeping right in the middle of it, in our little van, in a downtown motor home carpark, right by the water front and just a few minutes walk from everything. Super easy.