My Little Assistant


This is my wee man who is not so wee any more. He assists me in looking for classic and beautiful things. If we are driving along and see a classic car we point it out to each other and exclaim, "Oh, Look at that!" and dream. I think we were born in the wrong era.

I love that he also has a love and appreciation for old and vintage things. Today when things are not made to last, but to throw away and replace, it is so refreshing and uplifting to go to a place and surround ourselves with those things that are hand crafted, built with love and care. These treasures which still survive today, people still care about them. They can feel the love and effort that was invested to making them in the first place. They polish and preserve them and wish that things were still made that way.

People use to enjoy creating and working with their hands. Hopefully they still do, and will and save us from mass production and the throw away mentality

You know I use to work in a studio where we hand printed 15 meter lengths of fabric. We use to tell each other stories and laugh and share while we worked and created. I have always believed apart of the persons energy and story telling is passed on and is revealed in the end results. Things made that way just have so much more meaning. It is hard to quantify really but I much prefer to make things myself or buy things that are hand crafted. They have stories to tell and share.



"What we choose changes us,
Who we love transforms us,
How we create reshapes us,
What we do remakes us."
                                                                                



I don't like to have a lot of possessions myself but the things I choose to bring into our home I prefer them to be: hand made, well made and made to last, of natural material, preferably sustainable, aesthetically pleasing and mostly something that is useful and serves a purpose.

Those other things I love to look at and appreciate, well I just photograph them.