My Crochet
One of my New Years resolutions is to learn or do something new. Nothing too difficult, but something fun and uplifting, and well, just because I want to. This year I decided to take up crochet. I hadn't done any since I was a child when I made my teddy bear a very 70's jumper. I couldn't remember exactly how to do it but what I did remember was, I really liked doing it.
Now a days, especially with Google, this is not problem and I quickly found a fantastic site, attic24 with lots of "how to" tutorials and colourful inspiration.
Apart from gaining a new skill these are some of the other things I learned:
- I still LOVE doing it and now can't stop. Talk about addictive.
- It is SO relaxing, almost meditative, letting the mind wander and be free while still being creative.
- It is easy.
- It is great to have something creative to do when waiting for appointments or for kids to get ready for swimming lessons. I just take it everywhere with me.
- It is a great lesson in colour, what works and what doesn't. I must add that I didn't pressure myself with this too much and just allowed myself to play and if it wasn't too great I just took note. I did absolute no planning!
- Kids love it. Marino and I had good fun discussing what colours worked best and what didn't.
- Marino liked arranging a selection of colours out for me on the table for my next square.
- He also liked sneaking off with his favourite square in his pocket.
- Kids just love to play and arrange the squares and discuss their favourites.
- And as you can see cats love to sleep on the wool in any form and position.
- It is now Marino's favourite snuggly blanket when he needs one.
- It creates lasting memories which are absolutely priceless.







Goes pretty well with the 50th edition of the Frankie magazine don't you think?
This is my first Granny Square Blanket and now that I am addicted I am in the process of doing one with the "join as you go" method and I am enjoying that more.
Are you learning anything new and exciting?




