Windswept


Wind can be really exhilarating, but like anything when there is too much of it, especially when it is persistent, it can start to wear you down. Sometimes life too can make us feel a little windswept. I think this is especially so in this technically demanding world we live in, with constant demands on our attention. Often we can be bombarded with too much information and it is important to make conscious choices about what we allow into our lives. This digital demand and the subsequent overwhelming feeling lead me to make some changes. Many years ago I deleted my facebook account, and never regretted it. I have never owned a Twitter account, as I've never felt the need for one. I do have an Instagram account, which I get value from because I follow likeminded, inspiring people, BUT occasionally if I feel it distracting me, I will remove the app from my phone.

I take less photos than I use too, and I try to live more in the moment rather than recording it. I also took a long break from blogging, taking it offline until I decided what I wanted to do with it. Giving my self time to mull things over is something I feel increasingly okay about. It feels right to sometimes let the wind carry me until I know what to do. As a family we are constantly re-evaluting our life and the direction we are taking to see if that is in fact where we want to go. Recently we decided it wasn't, so have drastically altered course and made some life changing decisions. This new direction has motivated me to start posting again and I am looking forward to sharing this journey.

Over winter we made the decision to prepare our new sailing boat, Forever and plan to sail north to the tropics in May 2018. We will be travelling with the wind once more but a different kind of wind, a more natural one for us. For the most part we will let the wind carry us but we also know that from time to time we will have to beat into it, but that is okay, sometimes that is what it takes to get where you are going.